MuscleSport Mag

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Arnold Expo - What Is and What Was

You can never have a bad time at the Arnold Expo, only a good time that was equal to or better than previous days walking the hallowed halls of the Greater Columbus Convention Center. The opportunity to see the most beautiful bodies in the world for hours on end can be enough eye candy even for the most desperate. Guys like me love the attention the scantily clad women give us while handing out the free samples and I'm sure that the cougars are drooling over the men doing all they can to take up as much room as possible.

With that said, was I the only one that noticed a stripped down version - and not in a good way -  of the booths? VPX usually has one of the largest in the hall with their team of amazing ladies wearing that recognizable blue, but they were either hiding from me or not there at all.

Less gorgeous ass handing out samples that were 1/4 of what they were only a few years ago made it a bit lonely. I actually saw a few companies have their T&A help cut protein bars into slivers that barely had any taste left they were so thin. Kind of like the thickness of the onions cut with a razor blade by Vinny in the jail scene in "Goodfellas."

And I used to leave there with a large bag or two bursting with free goodies, without even trying. I know I'm there to work and don't walk around with an agenda for swag, but my luggage had no problem taking in the 'extras' I came away with this year. T-shirts used to be all over the place, but now you have to work for one.

Sure, the economy has effected everyone, including the supplement companies. I'm not that stupid. But it makes one yearn for the 'good ol' days' from not that long ago when you had more silicone throwing out full protein bars than you can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment